Project Management Key differentiators
- Learn about- Data, Navigation and Layouts
- How to navigate in the Home window and Activities window
- How to customize a layout
- Learn about EPS
- Learn about - Creating a Project
- How to navigate in the Projects window
- How to work with information in Project Details
- Learn about - Creating a WBS
- How to create multilevel WBS hierarchy
- How to define an activity and its components
- Learn about - Creating Relationships
- Learn about four relationship types
- Learn about - Scheduling
- How to do a forward and backward pass
- Learn about float and its impact on a schedule
- Learn about - Assigning Constraints
- How to apply a project deadline
- How to add topics to constrained activities
- How to view the available constraint types
- Learn about Managing Project Documents
- How to link the document to a project document or work product
- Introduction to Primavera P6
- Learn about Data, Navigation and Layouts
- Enterprise Project Structure
- Creating a Project/WBS
- Adding Activities/Relationships/Scheduling/Constraints
- Project Documents Library
- Roles and Resources/ Assigning resources & Costs
- Analyzing Resources/ Optimizing Plans
- Base lining the Project Plan
- Learn about Project Execution and Control
- Reporting Project Performance
Introduction to Oracle Primavera P6
– Develop Integrated Project Management Plan how difficulty without a software?
According to PMI’s developing an integrated Project Management plan involves 24 processes, 12 auxiliary plans, 3 baselines and set of supporting documents.
Oracle's Primavera P6 is the world’s most popular robust and ease-to-use software application for managing Projects, Programmes, and Portfolios. It is a browser-based solution comprising role-specific functionality to satisy each stake holder’s needs responsiilities and skills. It provides a single solution for successfully managing projects of all sizes, complexity and duration.
Primavera has evolved into a fully featured Enterprise Project Portfolio Management solution providing world class functionality for project based organisations, encompassing; Planning & Scheduling, Portfolio Management, Resource management, Risk & Issue Management, Reporting & Business Intelligence & Team Collaboration.
What you will learn?
This course provides hands-on training for Primavera P6, leading participants through the entire project life cycle, from planning to execution. Topics include export activities from excel, developing task plan, resource plan, assigning resources, cost estimating and creating a baseline. Different methods of tracking are one of the unique differentiator of this program. The reporting includes building standard, visual and customized reports
The workshop will follow a unique case project and the participants will learn the planning and tracking in a real time environment. In addition to the main case project, features specific case lets will be used for in depth understanding of the complex features.
This workshop is a PMI approved CCR categoryA activity and participants will earn 21 Professional development units upon successful completion. This program will also equip professionals to qualify as Oracle Primavera P6 EPPM Certified Implementation Specialist.
Vijay Prashanth MBA, CAPM is a Consultant in M/S Proventures and has a B.Tech degree in oputer cience engineering ro niversit o ondicerr it a aster’s degree in Business Administration. He is a Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) from PMI, USA. He started his career as an Associate Technical Writer for Dell Computers Inc. and later worked with a NGO. He has done various PMP/CAPM trainings and Microsoft Project Professional 2010/2013 trainings for professionals from Multinational Companies of various verticals ranging from IT, Pharmaceuticals, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Aerospace etc. He supports the development of the new course and its materials for Proventures, on Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) 5th Edition and other Project Management related courses. He also authored the course material for Microsoft Project Professional 2013 for both classroom and e-learning modules. He worked as a Project management consultant for Hospira Inc, a multi-national pharma giant where he is a responsible for streamlining the operations of PMO by developing report templates and automate it using Microsoft Project Professional Tool. He also performed process gap analysis and established PM processes along with the definition of roles and responsibilities of the Project Management Office.Currently as part of Proventures he handles a number of workshops focused on Project Management concepts, application and tools. He also supports Business Development activities which include understanding the clients business and developing suitable training modules and solutions.
Primavera P6 Key factors
- Manage multiple projects though enterprise project structure (EPS).
- Integrated risk management
- Issue tracking
- Management by threshold
- A tracking feature that enables you to perform dynamic cross-project rollups of cost, schedule, and earned value
- Work products and documents that can be managed centrally
- Visualizer, which allows you to create time-based Gantt and Time scaled Logic Diagram reports
- Resource and role administration
- A Report wizard that helps you create customized reports.