PMI’s Project Management Professional (PMP®) credential is one of the most important industry-recognized certifications for Engineers, Managers and Subject Matter Experts who are involved in leading, directing and managing project activities in any domain/industry vertical. This recognition is seen through increased marketability to the employers and higher salary levels and positions to the practicing professionals.
As a PMP®, you can work virtually in any industry, with any methodology and in any location. The PMP signifies that you speak and understand the global language of project management and connects you to a community of professionals, organizations and experts worldwide.
PMP Salary Survey 10th Edition
Project management skills and expertise are in demand globally, and earning potential remains promising. Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, 10th Edition equips practitioners with the most comprehensive view of project managers’ earnings from 37 countries around the world.
This industry-leading resource empowers professionals and hiring managers with compensation information based on several key factors, such as country, position, industry and Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification status.
Here are the Seven Steps to attain PMP Certification :
Before you start check your eligibility with the following prerequisites
Eligibility criteria for PMP certification
Category 1 – PMP Aspirants Possessing Bachelor’s / Equivalent University Degree
4500 hours/Three (3) years/36 months of unique (non-overlapping) Project Management Experience within the past eight-year period prior to the application
35 contact hours of Project Management Education (This will be provided at the end of our PMP preparation workshop)
Category 2 – PMP Aspirants Possessing High School Diploma/Equivalent Secondary School Credential 7500 hours/Five (5) years/60 months of unique (non-overlapping) Project Management Experience within the past eight-year period prior to the application
35 contact hours of Project Management Education
Step1: Become a PMI member
- The PMI Membership cost for first time user is 139USDand every year renewal will be 60USD (Optional)
- Be part of the largest PM community
- Track your certification status with myPMI
- Download all the standards for free
- Save on career-advancing certifications
- Unlock 1,000+ tools and templates
- Find relevant jobs with the PM Job Board
- Get more, free opportunities to earn PDUs
- Stay up-to-date with PMI publications
- Membership fee will be compensated in the exam fee of all the certifications.
- Go through Project Management Journals for free.
- Gaining so much knowledge on various aspects.
Step2: Mandatory training/PM education for 35 hours of credits (chapter, university, or REP)
This is a Mandatory training on the PMBOK Guide which will help you understand the Project Management framework and the application global best practices. This helps you get an in-depth picture of PMI’s Project Management Body of Knowledge enabling you to take up real time challenges in the respective fields as well as to face the PMP® certification exam.
Refer the below link to know Key Benefits and Highlight’s of the 35hrs PM Education.
Step3: Submit PMP examination Application.
As part of PMP Application, you have to draft more than 3years of project experience along with 4500hrs of effort spent on various Projects.
Step4: Application Review and Approval by PMI and Payment of exam fee (405 US$ )
Once you submit your application,
- PMI will validate your project experience and Approves the application and then you can pay the exam fee.
- PMI will validate your project experience and the algorithm will randomly pick some of applications for audit, and if your application is picked up for audit you have to go through the audit formalities and pay the exam fee after your application is approved.
Step5: Examination Preparation, Time : 6-8 Weeks
After completion of 35hrs Mandatory training you have to spend at least 6-8weeks of preparation before taking the exam. Generally, it is suggested to go through PMBOK Guide thrice.
Also it is advised to take few mock tests to assess your performance from exam perspective.
Step6: Register on Prometric website and schedule the examination date
Once your application is approved and you have paid for the exam, you can schedule your exam on the Prometric site with your PMP Eligibility ID at the below link.